Today marks the 120th anniversary of the first lighting of Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse in Mackinaw City.
Keeper George Marshall first lit the light on October 25, 1892 and workers completed the construction two days later.
Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse remained an active lighthouse until navigation beacons on the newly completed Mackinac Bridge replaced it.
The lighthouse is still open from May through October with guided tower tours, period exhibits and historic costumed interpreters. Click here for more information on visiting Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse.